Wednesday, October 11, 2006

1 Aug: Florence

Off to Florence (or Firenze if you feel pretentious and wanna say it like them italians) we go!


We reached Florence and somehow found our hotel. In Rome our room is on the third floor and accessable via an ancient lift where you have to open the door manually. Now, we don't even have a lift. Woope. But the room is huge with an attached toilet and the staff is friendly. Plus I stole a clothes hanger from them when I left so that kinda even things a bit.

We asked Mr. Richaro where we can find a decent dinner and he directed us to this pizza place where they serve real Italian pizza: no meat, lotsa cheese. Being Singaporean, we were taught that no meat is very 'bo hua' but we ordered a Buffolo cheeze pizza and enjoyed it immersely.

Like Richardo said, the owner loves pizza *gesture potbelly*.

In Florence my schedule went totally krazy, unlike in Rome where I know exactly what exactly I am going to do everyday. Think bout it: after Rome with all the mega churches and museums, why would you wanna visit those ghetto lil ones in Florence? Sure you can line up for ages just to see Mikey's David. OR, you can visit Zara. The choice is clear.

AteSeta is on sale. I'll try to control my raging urge to go in.

That evening I got myself a leather jacket.

Florence is really small. For the few days we were there, we went everywhere on foot. It mainly consist of the few main piazzas and the damn river with 5 bridges.
Piazza Signoria or something. Does it really matter? What is important is that near this piazza is the Zara which I got the best deals ever and the AteSeta shop. AteSeta is this shop selling shirts that go for 200 a pop in Suntec. I got meself a shirt at 70. Kimochi!


Beside the piazza, in front of a palace, stands David (fake). There are a couple of fake Davids lying around. Why, what big errrr hands you have. Note that the hand is made disporpotionally big to express the tension David was feeling at that moment. It betrays his calm and f4-prettyboy face. Cause, according to the story, before him stands this huge mofo who is about to totally own David's lolita ass.

Posted by weelian at 8:33 PM

Comments:
glad to see you also were impressed by ateseta - I couldn't resist going in and bought an interesting tie from them. I am still trying to find out if they have a web presence in order to buy one of their exciting shirts...I was only in Florence last week...
 

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

glad to see you also were impressed by ateseta - I couldn't resist going in and bought an interesting tie from them. I am still trying to find out if they have a web presence in order to buy one of their exciting shirts...I was only in Florence last week...

By Anonymous Knife, at May 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment