Wednesday, October 11, 2006

31 July: Villa Borghese

Villa Borghese is this huge villa surrounded by the Borghese Garden. More like Borghese forest to me tho. Villa Borghese currently houses Galleria Borghese. While we were there Raphael's (another turtle) works were displayed.


I am totally awed by Bernini's (ignore the kuku name) Apollo and Daphne. It depicts the exact moment where Daphne turns into a tree to escape the advances of a horny Apollo. That moment is so perfectly captured, it is unbelievable.


Besides Apollo and Daphne, there is also Bernini's David and The Rape of Proserpina which are easily the best sculpture I've seen to date (boy did I see a lot of em).

We took our time with the first 2 levels we forgot the third which houses Raphael's paintings. The guard rejected our request to 'do a quick one' around the 3rd floor.

Did I mention that Borghese Garden is huge? Yea. They even have a FREAKIN ZOO in the 'garden'. Bioparco is supposed to be this pioneer zoo with the 'no cages' concept which our own Mandai Zoo is modeled after. Liar. There are quite a lot of cages in there. The zoo was quite depressing and quiet. But man do they have a pretty gate.



It's sucks so much that once inside, I started looking for this



See, even the kid is pointing towards it. Actually its not that bad. Just makes me appreciate the Mandai Zoo which I thought was bullshit.


I fell from this and cut my hand. Nimble.


Eeyore laughed at me.


I worry for that peacock.


Beyond this flight of stairs is Shuyi's greatest dream fulfilled.



The biggest bird cage ever!


We left the zoo and headed back to the termini area and came across this mall.


Behind it, we saw

The smallest car ever.


The logo is totally fitting and amusing.

We ordered turkist food for a light dinner and Shuyi have to go and take his picture.


The Turkish man was delighted enough to give us this



Don't cha just love freebies? It is rice with cheese squashed together and then deep fried.

Tomorrow we head to Florence!

Posted by weelian at 8:02 PM

Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment